Pieces VS Code Extension
Having Trouble with Pieces for VS Code?#
If the VS Code extension isn't working for you, please make sure you have the following:
- The latest version of Pieces for VS Code
- Pieces OS version 1.9.2 or higher After installing or updating your software, please restart VS Code. If there is still a problem, check out the frequently asked questions below.
Edit Snippets with Pieces for Visual Studio Code#
Editing a snippet that is saved to Pieces for Developers from VS Code is easy! To edit a snippet, follow these steps:
- Open the Pieces Explorer using the activity bar
- From the “Saved Pieces” drop down list, right-click on the snippet you want to change
- Click "Edit"
- Edit your snippet, then save by pressing
CTRL + Vor
⌘ + V
Change the Auto-Complete Key in the VS Code Extension#
To change the auto-complete key:
- Go to the Pieces Settings by searching for “Pieces” in the VS Code settings or by clicking the settings button next to “Saved Pieces” in the Pieces Explorer
- Scroll down to Pieces: Autocomplete Key
- Choose the key that you prefer: Enter and Tab, or just Tab
Save your settings, and you're good to go!
Search for snippets in Visual Studio Code#
To search for a snippet:
- Open an editable file in VS Code
- Right-click or use the shortcut
CTRL + Kor
⌘ + K
- Click "Search Pieces"
- Type keywords into the search bar, and when you hit enter, the snippet will be inserted into the file